Since 1963, the European Commission has founded about 500 EUi(European Info) and 100 Depositary libraries(DEPs) in the world. In Japan, 19 have been established in universities, together with the EU depository library established in the National Diet Library. EUi provides official publications of the European Union, such as the official journal, Treaties, annual report, Bulletin of the EU, statistical publications, etc. The EUi at KEIO University opened in 1982, making it the 7th to be established in Japan.
EU-Japan Friendship Week
Japan and the EU have organized an event, Friendship Week, each year since 2001 to promote mutual understanding of the societies and cultures of Japan and EU countries.The EU-Japan Friendship week kicks off with the celebration of the Europa day on 9th May to follow in the weeks thereafter.
- It is open to the general public, as well as to students, faculty and researchers, as the EUi seeks to promote an understanding of the EU across the broader community.
- Open Hours
- EU materials are in 2F west reading room.
- Official website ”Europa”
- ”Delegation of the European Union to Japan”
- ”Legislative Observatory”