On the 4F of the New Building are eight cubicles for use by individual members of the faculty and staff who need to use large amounts of Library material. Cubicles may be used up to 10 minutes before Library closing time.
Please also use the Reading Room for Faculty and Graduate Students(2F).
Cubicles : Only faculty members
How to Reserve a Cubicle
Only full-time Keio faculty member can make a reservation.
Make your reservation at the 3F Counter or on the phone. You can choose the type of reservation, on one day, every week, two weeks continuing, one month continuing (there are some restrictions by room). Reservations are accepted starting one month before the desired date of use (or starting the next business day if the first day falls on a holiday). Further reservations are not accepted until the use of one cubicle is completed.
Notes on Use
- Keys to the cubicles are held at the Serials Counter (3F) and are issued at the time of use. The key must be returned to the counter when you leave the building.
- If you wish to use Library materials in a cubicle for an extended period, be sure to check them out first. Any other materials should be returned to the stacks when you leave the building.
- When using a personal computer, turn your speaker volume down so as not to disturb users of adjacent cubicles.
- Please do not use your cell phone while in the cubicle.
- The counter does not accept phone calls or take messages for cubicle users.
- Smoking, eating and drinking(except drinks with lid) are not permitted in the cubicles.