For External Users
You may check our Catalogue via the Internet: KOSMOS
Users from cooperative agreement libraries (Waseda University and Hitotsubashi University)
Please present Student ID/ID Card upon entry. Browsing and photocopying services are available. No letter of introduction is required. Some items, however, may require prior booking.
Users from other research institute / universities
Other external users
Keio University Library accepts inquiries only from library staff regarding book collections or usage services. Please consult your local public library. Library may provide a “letter of introduction” for your visiting.
It is advisable to reserve the materials you wish to see. This request should be made by the librarian who issues the letter of introduction. For Librarian
A letter of introduction, or 'SHOKAIJO' in Japanese, should include following items;
- User’s name *required
- User’s affiliation/university’s name or address *required
- User’s phone number or email address *required
- Contact address of the library which issued the letter of introduction *required
- Specified period of visit (not required)
- Bibliographic data of the materials you wish to examine (limited to those not available in public libraries) (not required)
There is no format of letter of introduction.
Services are offered to a limited range of library facilities. Before making a letter of introduction, it is desirable to confirm which Keio University library has the materials your patron would like to access via our catalogue: KOSMOS
※Please also note that external users under 18 years are not allowed to enter the Library.
Manners and Etiquette
- Eating, drinking (exc. bottled drinks) or smoking are prohibited in the library.
- Please keep your valuables with you all the time.
- Please set mobile phones in silent mode.